Things that concern/perturb/frustrate/infuriate our "Almost 6"
- The seemingly arbitrary time change back to Standard Time
- Being wrong
- Anyone who even remotely suggests that he might be slightly wrong
- Losing. At anything.
- Too much attention being given to his little sister
- Missing out on anything
- Not having or doing something that someone else has or does or might have or do
- Being (or thinking he is) the fastest, oldest, tallest, strongest, and general all-around BEST OF ALL
- When Mom goes somewhere BY HERSELF. Or worse, with HER OWN FRIENDS.
Things that do NOT concern/frustrate/even raise the consciousness of "Almost 6"
- Nose picking - his own or other people
- Dirty fingernails
- Clothes matching
- Bad table manners
- That broccoli and carrots are the only two vegetables he will eat
- Socks pulled up almost to his knees (thank god for long-pants weather)
- Teasing his sister
- Making a mess
- If his jokes aren't funny (he thinks they're all funny)