Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thankful, but...

irritable and tired and stressed. I've noticed a strange paradox, or correlation at least. When I'm worried about a friend who's sick or going through a hard time, and I should be most thankful for my healthy family or stable job or beautiful children, I seem to be the grouchiest, most impatient contestant for the Nastiest Mother of the Year! I find myself short with the kids, distracted, and just plain grumpy. I know it's because I am distracted and worried about something bigger than my day-to-day life, but it's frustrating because it's exactly those type of things that help ground me and remind me what life's really all about, and how many blessings I have in my life.

But really, being irritated at my kids for wanting me to play with them? Or snapping at The Boy for the crumbs on the floor? Not my ideal parenting day, that's for sure. But we did play outside in the cold sunshine, practice the bike without training wheels, play baseball, and play "Chase Bitty Girl." So I wasn't all nasty and ungrateful.

I'm also nearing the home stretch of this National Blog Post Month (NaBloPoMo) where I've been posting every day, and I'm exhausted! I feel like I never have time to go back and edit a post, even if I wanted to polish it up, because I have to write another one! So maybe next week I'll go down to a few posts a week and cut myself some pre-holiday slack.

No comments: