Sunday, December 21, 2008

Trying to overcome my grinchiness

I am trying to be "one with the snow." To not be so grouchy. To focus on the family together time and the beautiful snowy world outside instead of the trapped feeling, the missed work, and the way my kids have morphed into the most annoying children ever.

But I'm struggling. I just want it to stop. I know we're lucky because we haven't lost power, because we are warm and safe and dry. I'm lucky because I have Pat home on vacation too, and am not stuck home by myself with abovementioned children.

Some lovely footage shot this morning...
The view out the front door. Right out the door, under the covered porch.


Walkway? What walkway?


The area formerly known as a driveway, and way in the distance, frozen lumps formerly known as the garbage cans.


A snowy day in the forest... I mean, my front yard

Our covered patio. And by covered, I mean covered in SNOW


Sandbox, you say? Where? (see the lump?)


Crazy boys, including one wonderful, dedicated father who braved the 15-degree evening for some snow baseball


In the words of my sister from Pittsburgh to the cities in and around Seattle:
"It's called salt, people. Use it." I do not understand why we can't salt and plow better for just a few weeks. For the sanity of everyone involved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, my darling nut case... think how much you will NOT complain about the incessant rain, wind and other nasty weather that at least lets you get to Trader Joes and work. We got 6 more" last night...

Paige said...

I feel the same way. Maybe if the city were better prepared for snow I wouldn't mind it so much but the way everything just stops, it is crazy.