Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blech.

I'll admit it. I'm a Snow Grouch.
I just don't like the snow.
It's not the snow itself, it's the disruption in my schedule, the being cold, and the trapped grouchy feeling. And this time, it's the fact that we already had snow and it's super cold and it's not going away anytime soon. I don't live in the Midwest for a reason.
I wish I loved it. I wish I felt peaceful and happy and could just curl up on the couch with a book and a blanket and some tea.
But I have kids. Kids who are just as sensitive as their mama to disruptions in their schedule. One kid who likes the idea of the snow, but who plays in the snow for less time than it takes to get her ready for going out in the snow.


And another kid who loves to play in the snow, go sledding, and never gets cold. Except he's bitter that the snow ruined his post-birthday dinner with his cousins.



At least someone is enjoying himself.

Until June, that is--when he has to make up the 3 snow days.

No comments: