For some odd reason, I started getting Woman's Day magazine. Maybe I'm on their "wishful thinking" list. Or maybe Pat secretly signed me up, hoping that I'd actually make something other than spaghetti.
The October issue had fun Halloween cupcakes, and we decided to try two of them.
They turned out rather well, considering....
Considering what, you ask?
- Considering that a 2 1/2 yr old can't really pick up tiny sprinkles and place them carefully onto the icing that is the bat's mouth.
- Considering that neither a 2 1/2 yr old or a nearly-6 yr old can really carefully cut two semi-circle scoops out of a Reese's peanut butter cup
- Considering that neither of the above-mentioned children can adequately frost a cupcake
- Considering that both of the above-mentioned children are much more interested in eating the discarded peanut butter/chocolate scoops than making the cupcake
- and considering that I don't have a pastry bag, but used an icing tip and a Ziploc bag for the Mummy cupcakes.
The evidence, Batty Girl and Boy...
If only his Mummy Halloween costume turned out this nice. Will update on the Halloween Costume Fiasco of 2008 AFTER Friday night. Hint: It involves ripped strips of a tea-dyed sheet, lots of safety pins, some random Velcro that doesn't stick, possibly $50 in gauze rolls, and a gray sweat suit. Wish us luck!