Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday NuNu!

We spent Sunday in Bellingham to celebrate my grandma's 89th birthday.

And don't let the tongue fool you--he really had a great time and was very well behaved at dinner...



And at the end of the photos, when Bitty Girl was squiggling around and whining for ice cream, and we were trying to get just one more picture, I said, "Smile for Papa one more time and I'll give you a bite of ice cream." She seriously stopped whining, turned on the courtesy smile just long enough to snap the picture, and then gave me a stone cold "Ice.Cream.NOW!" stare...

The Boy spent the afternoon slogging through mud in the wetlands area behind my mom's house, with other kids from cohousing. They had a ball, but his boots literally made that sucking noise when I pulled them off. He was wet up to his armpits. Nothing a little bath and some Oxyclean can't fix!

Bitty Girl busied herself pulling weeds with Papa

and giving snarly looks to anyone who dared suggest that she get out of the dirt or put a dandelion in her precious weed pile.

(Daddy thinks she does a great Bobby DeNiro - "You talkin' to me??"

It was a great day! We love you NuNu!!!

No comments: