Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I just made...


The last school lunch of the year.
And just like every other lunch, we have one turkey & cheese sandwich, crusts cut off, half a kiwi, thermos of milk (usually chocolate), a fruit leather, a strawberry yogurt tube, and rice crackers. What can I say, the kid likes to know what to expect. His dad takes the same lunch every day too.
And don't forget the note on the napkin, although I have been instructed NOT to write "I love you" anymore. Too mushy.
Every time I read those little "How to spice up your child's lunchbox" articles, I let out a snort that is part envy, part wonder. Do kids really eat pita chips and hummus, raw pepper slices, quesadillas, or SOUP for school lunch??
We'll just enjoy our summer of turkey sandwiches at home. At least I don't have to make them the night before.

No comments: